Is The Conclave Right For You?
I’m looking for a group of driven aerialists who want to spend the next 3 months hitting their mobility, strength, and technical goals.
This program is not for beginners. It is for aerialists whom have tried other methods and programs and:
- want to spend their limited time on the drills that will have the most impact on their success, instead of doing a bunch of random exercises from cookie cutter programs
- look at their training holistically, strategically, and realistically, instead of trying to fit a bunch of disparate off-the-shelf programs into their busy lives
- are self-directed but appreciate having measures of accountability and feedback built into their practice, instead of struggling to do it all on their own
- know that the devil is in the details and are ready to dive into them to finally end the cycle of chronic injuries instead of just going through the motions
Why The Conclave?
I've been coaching circus now for over a decade. It's my passion. But I also grew up in a gym. As I progressed as an aerialist, there seemed to be little connection between the evidence-based practice I was used to and the way that aerial artists trained.
It's not that those aerialists and coaches had it all wrong. In many ways, training for skill acquisition tops just training for a heavier deadlift. But as research dollars have skipped over circus, traditions have also trumped science. And artists have faced stagnation and injury.
Do you want to train like a 10-year-old rhythmic gymnast or some Russian straps guy from IG?
Do you want to train like the most badass version of yourself?
That means evaluating what's limiting you--whether it's mobility, strength, or proprioception--and then giving you targeted drills to address those specific issues. You're not being plugged into a magic formula. Your needs and goals, and your strengths and weaknesses shape your experience in The Conclave.
What is The Conclave?
The Conclave is a 3-month, customized, online training program for aerialists. It includes:
- a short, medium, and longterm goals and values assessment
- a custom mobility, strength, and technical evaluation
- a 13-week progressive training program designed for your body, your equipment, and your goals delivered via the TrueCoach app
- 3 30-minute 1-on-1 sessions focused on cuing that resonates for you
- 1 group training session where we'll go through the common themes of the cohort
- 2 group discussions to answer your burning questions in a wine-friendly setting
- Sunday check-ins via a group WhatsApp chat to see how you're doing and to troubleshoot the week ahead
3 Months of Fully Custom Programming
Driven by personal goal-setting and a custom evaluation of your mobility, strength, and technical baselines. Adaptable to the realities of your life, no one else's.
Monthly 1-on-1s with Jessica
Ensuring that you get the cues you need so the drills in your program have impact.
Monthly Power Hours
An opportunity to ask questions and learn from others who might ask the questions you'd never think to. (Wine optional.)