BIG AERIAL GOALS TAKE MORE THAN PRAYERS...
BUT YOU DON'T NEED TO HAND OVER YOUR FIRSTBORN.
You don't need to be in a fulltime circus training program or to submit to your perfectionism to get where you want to go.
But you might need a GOOD coach. 🤷🏼♀️
ENTER THE CONCLAVE
3 MONTHS OF CUSTOM ONLINE PROGRAMMING, FEEDBACK, & SUPPORT WITH A COACH WHO HAS BEEN WHERE YOU ARE & CAN SHOW YOU THE WAY
APPLICATIONS CLOSED >> JOIN THE WAITLIST
Are you trying to acquire all of the skills at the same time?
Trying to figure out how to acquire ALL of the skills while your mind is also trying to keep up with work, injuries, relationships, family, grief, trauma... is like trying to hike up a mountain with a backpack full of bricks.
You CAN do it but oof. Will you like yourself when you get there?
I cannot remove bricks from your backpack. Only YOU can take on that work.
But I can help you recognize them, lessen your incline, and ask you questions like "Do you really need to be scaling a whole ass mountain right now?"
That’s what good goal setting and good coaching can do. It can lighten your load, help you find ease, and give you the space to appreciate the journey.
Because the LAST thing you want is to get where you wanted to go, but forget why you started aerial in the first place.
Is The Conclave Right For You?
Are you an aerialist, pole dancer, or coach of any aerial discipline who wants to:
- spend your limited time on the drills that will have the most impact on your success, instead of doing a bunch of random exercises from cookie-cutter programs that gobble up your creative time?
- look at your training strategically and realistically, instead of trying to fit every exercise that a coach or physiotherapist has ever told you to do into your busy life because you're prone to overthinking it?
- have systems (neurodivergent friends, I see you) and measures of accountability and feedback built into your practice, instead of struggling to do it all on your own?
- finally get consistent with the ground work that will end the cycle of chronic injuries exacerbated by your overtraining, hypermobility, or autoimmune issues?
- figure out how to progress as a multipassionate aerialist without having to train every discipline all at once?
- collaborate with a coach to find what works best for your body so that you leave with the tools to guide your training for years to come?
- continue to learn about your body because you like to understand why things work the way the work and since you've been at this a bit, you are concerned about your longevity in the air?
Ah-mazing. I'd love to see your application! Why an application? This is the 6th running of The Conclave so I have had a front row seat to the folks who ghost half way through the program and the folks who knock their goals straight into the outer atmosphere. What's the difference? A communicative and collaborative relationship. So let's see if we relate!
The Conclave is not for beginners. I love supporting beginners so they can embark on their aerial journey with solid foundations. But The Conclave is for seasoned travelers who have been flying long enough to have experienced some hits and misses.
Why I Created The Conclave
Hi, I'm Jessica. I've been coaching circus now for over a decade. And I have struggled at times to balance my technical training and artistic pursuits as a performer and director.
It would be nice to be the sort of person that doesn’t need a kick in the butt sometimes.
But that’s not me. Often I need a kick.
In fact, I do better when I have someone checking my work. I don’t need a babysitter, but I do need someone besides me also invested in my success.
And I know that about myself, so I invest in coaches to keep me headed where I want to go. Coaches that want to see me succeed but also understand that something is better than nothing and help me pivot when life get lifey.
And that’s why I created The Conclave. I wanted to provide aerialists and pole dancers not only with expert technical coaching grounded in the latest biomechanics and skill acquisition research, but also:
🔳 the pushes that they need to take messy action when it would be easier wait until next month.
🔳 the questioning that helps them reevaluate how much time they’re spending in the studio with little payoff.
🔳 the permission they don’t need to take rest day after stressful week at work.
🔳 the confidence to sub out exercises for ones that feel better in their bodies on a given day.
The coaching in The Conclave isn’t about rigid plans and expectations. It's about staying adaptable and motivated to keep moving toward whatever lights YOU up about circus.
What Do You Get In The Conclave?
The Conclave is a 1-to-1 custom online training program for experienced aerialists. It includes:
- a goalsetting workshop to better fit training into your busy life without compromising who you are outside of the studio
- an in-depth assessment of your mobility, strength, and technical strengths and weaknesses, so that you are not wasting time on drills not suited for body and its specific needs
- a 13-week progressive training program built to help you reach your short-term goals AND prepare you for that next level, because you're going places
- form checks from each training sessions on the key exercises and drills in your program so that you keep making progress
- weekly virtual 1-to-1 check-ins to inform real-time program adjustments (because sometimes a drill just isn't working) and to troubleshoot scheduling challenges (covid, child-care issues, minor injuries) hiding in the week ahead so you can stay consistent
- a 30-minute live 1:1 coaching session with ME to discuss the results of your assessment, what's in your program, and why (who else has been given a program with no clue about the order, the exercise selection, or the program design)
- a group kickoff call on the commonly asked questions and features of my style of programming so that you can hit the ground running once you get your program
- biweekly coaching calls so that you can get live form checks and explanations straight from my mouth
- an epic text chain group to connect with bomb likeminded people to support you while you're going through similar struggles
Exact Outcomes Conclavers Experience
Everyone comes into The Conclave with their own specific wishlists for their bodies. (That's kinda the whole point.) Then we work together to turn those wishlists into reality by setting achievable markers grounded in foundational technique.
Yep, your shoulders are going to get more stable and your upper back will open. Your hip mobility will improve. These things will happen if you put in the work, no matter which specific goals you set for yourself, because they are at the foundation of what we do in the air.
Past Conclavers gotten their first straight-arm inversions, releases, elephant presses, pain-free back flags, single coil rolls, cheststands, touchdown in middle splits, and more.
The EXACT results you can expect from The Conclave depend on your individual goals, but your outcomes will no doubt be increased strength for, mobility for, and understanding of the skills you are going after.
You're not just getting a program to follow. You're learning new things about your body that you will carry with you for a lifetime.
What Is the Cost of The Conclave?
The Conclave is a high-touch 1-to-1 coaching experience and the cost reflects the level of customization, access to me, and my decades of expertise as a coach. If you want to understand more about the work I continue to do to level up my coaching, I invite you to read more about me in the FAQs.
The investment for The Conclave is $415/mo for 4 months. Or you can save 10% by paying in full ($1500).
As a self-run and self-funded small business owner, if you can afford to pay in full, I'd really appreciate it. I offer a 10% pay-in-full discount, which is based on actual costs for software, time, and Stripe processing fees to administer payment plans.
I'm happy to discuss payment plans further OR to chat about if this program is right for you. Just send me a quick email at [email protected].
Questions You Might Be Asking Yourself
What is included in the program?
How long will I have access to the program?
How will I know if I am doing the exercises correctly?
What kind of time commitment does the program require?
How long until I see results?
I'm currently injured. Can I start this program?
Will I receive feedback in this program?
I don't live in the United States. May I enroll and do this program?
Am I advanced enough for this program?
What supplies do I need to do this program?
When does the program start?
Who created and coaches in The Conclave?
When will you run this program again?
Do you offer scholarships or financial aid?
What kind of "ROI" (return on investment) can I expect from this program? Is it a wise investment of my money, time, & energy?
What if I enroll in this program but then something comes up and I cannot complete the program. Can I get a refund?
I think this program is for me, but I am not 100% sure. Any thoughts for me?
Is there any prep work I need to do before the program begins?
Do you have any suggestions on how to get the most out of our time together?
I'm not very tech savvy. Will I survive this program?
Don't Just Ask Me, Ask the Alums...
What would you tell people who are considering The Conclave?
- "It makes a huge difference to have someone as knowledgeable and caring as Jessica take a look at your training holistically and help you structure your goals. I feel supported working towards my goals and appreciate having a thoughtfully set schedule to follow that is also flexible if I need it to be." -Jessica DuRousseau, Cycles 2 & 4
- "Conclave is brilliant and Jessica's programming methodology and ethos is outstanding. If you want to thrive in your aerial practice, to have someone super knowledgeable tailor your training to identify and work on your weaknesses, find consistency and accountability and to make tangible goals in skills, strength and flexibility then this programme will be one of the best investments you ever made." -Jess Allen, Cycles 4 & 5
- "Just do it. Goals/progress take work to achieve and through a well structured, organized, and curated like the Conclave you will see your goals come to life. Your progress may not be overnight but you will find things getting easier, your body getting strong or more flexible at a safe a realistic pace. As aerialist we spend tons of money on stuff (rigs, new apparatuses, Swedish ladders, etc.) Why not invest money in your body and its overall health and well being too?" -Tamara Kenessey, Cycle 4
- "If you're looking for personalized quality feedback and cueing then this is totally for you. Little things I wouldn't have thought of like moving my arms up a bit more or closing my ribs even more were so helpful! Be ready to work and learn all about the joys of rolling!" -Sarah Headley, Cycles 3 & 4
- "I always tell [people] it's not just exercises to help you reach your goals but it organizes your life." -Mona Almazidi, Cycles 3, 4, & 5
- "The Conclave is phenomenal for skill acquisition! The details in the cueing are amazing and all the programming is specific to your body and your needs. I have inadvertently retrained skills I thought I had and am now so much stronger in them and am so much more stable!" -Tabitha Duquette, Cycles 1-4
- "Do it. Spend the money. You will absolutely crush your goals with Jessica’s guidance and/or get an invaluable amount of “tools” in your training tool box to further your practice on your own." -Lara Hotz, Cycle 3-5
- "This program has helped me reach goals I was starting to doubt I would ever be able to achieve. I knew I had the strength to achieve them, but also knew there were key elements I was unable to piece together on my own. Jessica is so incredibly knowledgeable and was able to put those pieces together so I could understand and train the right aspects to achieve those goals. I love the amount of consideration for each person's goals and schedules that is taken into account when the programs are created. If you are someone looking to reach that next goal, level up, or just want the accountability of a program designed specifically for you, this program is for you." -Kelly Cunningham, Cycles 3 & 4
- "Highly recommended, especially for people training alone and needing the extra push to improve or polish their skills!" -Sahar Deinparvar, Cycle 4
- "It is the smartest decision you will ever make." -Alaa Alturki, Cycles 1-5
What makes The Conclave different from other programs?
- "It is targeted and so personal. In the best way." -Heylie Heck, Cycles 2, 3, & 4
- "I really enjoyed the personalized feedback each week if I posted videos. Having the additional cueing that's within the next day and ready for me the next workout was so helpful! Also the changing of exercises so I was always adding something new made things so fun!" -Sarah Headley, Cycles 3 & 4
- "I love that it’s so comprehensive and looks at your training schedule as a whole not just flexibility or conditioning and also takes in to account work, family and other commitments. I honestly was feeling overwhelmed before The Conclave trying to fit in all the things!" - Claire Luckman, Cycle 4
- "The combination of solo work and feedback. I feel like most programs are written for that person and then they are left to their own devices." -Nicole Sirdoreus, Cycles 3, 4, & 5
- "The mobility and flexibility assessment makes this program different from other standardized programs. The program is written based on your goals and assessment." -Vanessa Sirois, Cycle 4
- "I felt supported by my coach and fully equipped to make the progress I was shooting for. I have never been so excited to workout. Skills that I have struggled with in the past are now within reach." -Amy Johnson, Cycle 4
- "I don't feel like I'm doing a bunch of one-size-fits-most exercises. Jess has a totally different approach than other coaches I've met. The drills each have very specific purposes that help you meet your aerial goals." -KT McBurnie, Cycles 4 & 5
- "You have personal feedback. Not a cookie cutter method. She looks at what YOUR body is doing and gives corrections based on your feedback. It’s been a game changer having a coach that actually listens to you about what struggles you're having with your goals and tailors it to you rather than the “you're just not *insert excuse here* enough”" -Lara Hotz, Cycles 3-5
- "The variety of exercises was nice. I've been in the game a long time and done a lot of different progressions, but every workout had things I've never done." -McKell Anderson, Cycle 4
- "I find The Conclave to be very whole-person centred and deeply responsive to my shifting needs/energy levels/commitments across the cycle. I love the inclusion of breathing and nervous system regulation exercises as part of workouts and Jessica draws from her huge knowledge base (Gyrotonic, dance, etc.) to program some really inventive drills that have helped me progress in ways where other things have failed!" -Jess Allen, Cycles 4 & 5
- "I don’t know of another program that is individually designed with opportunities for almost daily feedback, and weekly adjustments, that targets specific goals. That is the coolest part. I learned a bit how to break a skill into component parts, which will serve me in my training, but I also expect I’ll find myself joining the Conclave again for the unique programming, and the skill [Jessica has] in doing that for people." -Heather Griffin, Cycle 4
- "Very comprehensive, lots of options for exercise-specific feedback." -Giselle Garcia, Cycle 4